- 610 Providence Park Drive, Building 2, Suite 202, Mobile, Alabama,36695 251-650-5437
- 27961 US Highway 98 Daphne, Suite 24, Daphne, Alabama,36526 251-650-5437
- 1720 Medical Park Drive, Suite 330a, Biloxi, Mississippi,39532-2131 228-396-5185
Browlift - Overview
A forehead lift, may also be called a browlift or browplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to elevate a drooping eyebrow that might obstruct vision and/or to remove the deep worry lines that run across the forehead and might portray to others anger, sternness, hostility, fatigue or other unintended emotions
Why does the brow droop?
- Eyebrow ptosis is a result of gravitational and involutional changes that result in eyebrows that rest lower than their normal position.
- Other causes of brow ptosis include facial palsy, tumors, and asymmetry.
- Patients might present complaining of difficulty with vision because of Aging: The effects of aging lead the brow and forehead to fall due to the skin's loss of elasticity.Environmental: Sun, wind, and the pull of gravity all affect the face; Frown lines and wrinkles might develop across the forehead
- secondary dermatochalasis
- irritation of the eyes from lash ptosis (again caused by secondary dermatochalasis), or
- cosmetic concerns.
What happens as the brow drops?
- Your expression might not reflect how you actually feel, you might appear tired or angry
- As a result, numerous people have opted for a procedure known as the forehead lift.
- Based on variations in how men and women age and on new advances in medical technology, different methods are used to perform this procedure.
Indications for Brow lift
- Sagging forehead; brows which hang low and close to the eyes
- Deep vertical furrows between the brows
Forehead lifts are an option if you have a sagging brow or deep furrows between the eyes.Should you consider a brow lift?
- To predict the outcome, use your hands above your brows and on the edges of your eyes and lift the skin upwards while looking in a mirror.
Note the following:
- The distance from the central brow-to-upper eyelid is very small (brow-upper-lid, BUL)
- The opening of the eye (palpebral fissure) is very small (excess skin)
it usually done between age forty and sixty-five, although it might be necessary at an earlier age.When is the best age to consider this surgery?
Good health and realistic expectations are prerequisites.